This special issue is devoted to the Earth's mantle. It is launched for the occasion of the 17th International Symposium on Experimental Mineralogy, Petrology and Geochemistry hosted in Potsdam in March 2021, but the special issue is not restricted to the conference participants. It is open to any submissions on the following topics, among others:
- mineral phase stability and phase relations at upper and lower mantle conditions;
- melting from the uppermost mantle to the core-mantle boundary;
- mechanism of magma production and transport;
- fluid-rock and melt-rock reactions at mantle conditions;
- volatiles in the mantle, deep Earth volatile cycles;
- physical properties of mantle materials.